Make Custom Shoes for Your Baby!
Wish Manolo would fashion a pair just for you? Let your toddler live the ultimate dream: wearing custom-made shoes designed just for her—or him! The creative people at CRAFT magazine supplied all the instructions. Click here for details.
- The instructions include everything you need to make soft, pliable shoes with just the right amount of structure for babies and toddlers ages 6 to 14 months.
- Recycle and reuse! This craft is a wonderful opportunity to make use of out-dated leather jackets.
- Better yet, recycle the adorable clothes baby has outgrown! All those cute, oh-so-soft baby clothes will keep tender tootsies cozy this Fall.
This is a modern twist on a family favorite. Gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat, this recipe wins points with all family members. This yummy recipe is relatively easy: pull hungry kids into the kitchen to help make it!
The meatballs are so tasty, I’ve used the recipe to make Florentine Meatloaf (rather than making the turkey into meatballs, I just bake it in a loaf pan), then used leftovers for sandwiches during the week.
(Visit my other blog, UnassumingFoodie.com for more great gluten-free recipes!)
Future Environmentalists Club
By raising our children with a strong sense of respect and reverence for Earth, we help ensure that there will be adults to step into ecological leadership positions.”–Helen Coronato, author of Eco-Friendly Families, The following are excerpts:
Now that the kids are back in school, before the sand toys go back into storage, give them a creative new use! For kids who turn up their noses at veggies, create a colorful table-setting using thoroughly-washed sand toys may be all the incentive needed to try something new.
- Eating sliced cucumbers is a lot more fun when you’re dunking them in a personal seashell of dipping “bowl” filled with ranch dressing.
- Frisbees can do double-duty as plates; small buckets can hold salsa and chips, beverages, or carrot and celery sticks.
- Personalize your patio dining, and you’re likely to find a family of eco-eaters enjoying your efforts!
Family Deals and Contests
- Get a FREE Sesame Street mouse pad, simply by asking! Click here for more info!
- Win a copyof Rebeca Seitz’s newest book Coming Unglued , a fabulous follow-up to the well-received Sisters Ink (Scrapbooker’s Series #1) , simply by giving your “momtourage” a shout out! Visit the Momtourage Contest here for more info!
Submit your family’s fun weekend activities—The best ones will be featured here!
Looking for more weekend ideas? Click here for Fun Things To Do archived entries.