6 ways to contact the American Camp Association
The following is a FREE reprint from my Parenting column on Examiner.
For nearly 150 years, camp has been an American tradition. And for almost 100 years, parents have turned to the American Camp Association® (ACA) to answer camp questions – how to choose a camp, what to pack, how to prepare for camp, how to keep in touch with campers, and many more.
As one of the nation’s leading child and youth development resources, ACA works with families to answer questions, provide information, and offer expert advice about the camp experience. And now, it is easier than ever.
- Visit ACA’s parent resource site
- Follow ACA on Twitter – Families can now follow @ACACampParents on Twitter.com to receive daily updates, helpful links, and tips about the camp experience. In addition, parents can contact ACA directly through Twitter to ask specific questions.
- Find ACA on Facebook – ACA’s Facebook page offers families the same helpful information and links. In addition, families visit www.facebook.com/becauseofcamp and become a fan of ACA’s Because of Camp…™ PSA video and share how their lives have changed “Because of Camp…™“.
- Visit CampParents.org – By visiting www.CampParents.org, ACA’s parent resource site, families can find expert advice, resources and links, information on planning for camp, videos, and ACA’s Find A Camp search, which allows families to search ACA’s 2,400 accredited camps for one that best suits their needs.
- Sign up for Camp e-News – Through CampParents.org, parents can sign-up to receive Camp e-News, ACA’s bi-monthly parent e-newsletter on child and youth development, the camp experience, and timely issues concerning today’s families. Archived issues of Camp e-News are also available on the site.
- Don’t forget to call – Perhaps one of the most tried-and-true technologies available, families can always reach ACA by telephone. Families with specific questions can call 1-800-428-CAMP to reach the national office, or contact one of twenty-four local offices nationwide. You can also find your local office.
For more info: