Motherhood, Marriage and Other Wild Rides

Health, Happiness and the Pursuit of Mommyhood

Upromise gives discounts on school supplies, while you save for college August 15, 2009

At Upromise (Sallie Mae’s saving-for-college program), shoppers can find online back-to-school deals and coupons on everything from school supplies, clothing and college dorm essentials, in addition to earning 1-25% back in rewards. According to the National Retail Federation, 56% of  consumers are hunting for sales this back-to-school shopping season. (Who are the other 44% seeking to pay full price?)

Upromise has joined forces with family financial expert Ellie Kay to offer tips on ways to make the most of your back-to-school budget.

How to Boost College Savings with Back-to-School Shopping

Upromise  is providing parents and college students lessons on how to earn and save money for higher education this back-to-school season. On Upromise’s Back-to-School website consumers can find steep discounts on school supplies, clothing and college dorm essentials when shopping online at more than 650 of their favorite retailers and, best of all, earn money back for higher education. The site features online deals and coupons, tips and tools to help save and plan for college including advice from America ’s Family Financial Expert Ellie Kay. By shopping Upromise partners, downloading the Upromise TurboSaver or using the Upromise credit card, members can increase their college savings far beyond the nearly $500 million earned to date. 

“Upromise was founded with the mission of helping to make college affordable. Members have put away nearly half a billion dollars for college simply by shopping any of the more than 650 Upromise participating companies,” said David Rochon, president of Upromise. “Most families need supplies and other items such as backpacks, shoes or clothing to start off the new school year. Millions of smart consumers earn college contributions whenever they make everyday purchases and watch the savings add up.”

In addition to providing 1 to 25 percent back on eligible purchases, Upromise offers the following resources this back-to-school season:

  • ShopUpromise credit card holders can save money on all purchases and on average earn seven times more than members who don’t. Also, by downloading TurboSaver,  members will be reminded of college savings opportunities when shopping online.
  • Learn – Upromise has partnered with America’s Family Financial Expert Ellie Kay. As a mother of seven children, three of whom are currently attending college loan-free, Ellie provides tips on ways to save for and reduce college costs. A host of college planning resources, such as a college savings and budgeting tool and information on investment options, can also be found on the site.
  • Share – Families and students facing the challenge of saving and paying for college can connect with like-minded members by joining Upromise’s Community, finding Upromise on Facebook and following Upromise on Twitter.

For more info: 

For additional information on using this back-to-school season to jumpstart a college savings strategy, visit Upromise.com‘s back-to-school section. Visit Sallie Mae to learn more about saving for post-secondary education–and how to get the right loan, or even find free money for school.

Teens, credit cards and debt – New legislation Time is running out for college students to get their own credit card. Starting in February 2010, those under 21… Keep Reading »

Teen drivers and safety: Tips for parents With summer revving its engine, it’s a great time of year for teens; Classes are in the rear-view, and summer jobs are on the horizon…. Keep Reading »

Should LA schools offer STD tests to students? In an effort to curtail what is being called an “HIV epidemic”, D.C. school officials will offer tests for sexually transmitted… Keep Reading »

What’s hot and what’s not for back-to-school This year’s back-to-school season offers the most fashion-forward, fun and affordable items. Simona Supekar, Fashion Trend Editor for SHOP.com… Keep Reading »

Thin school budgets send parents into the classroom A new national poll of K through 12 parents shows a 20% spike in parents’ plans to volunteer at schools–a desperately needed helping hand in a time… Keep Reading »

Advertisements
 

One Response to “Upromise gives discounts on school supplies, while you save for college”

  1. […] Link to Full Story provided by HowtoSaveaMarriage.biz.  Mail this post […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s